Gridlogics has launched a new release of PatSeer, its patent search and analysis software, offering functionality and user interface enhancements. The new features include a new syntax operator, additional search field codes and custom tables. Read on for a more detailed report.
The latest release of PatSeer comes with the following enhancements and features:
- Combine Natural Language Searches with Boolean Searches – PatSeer users will now be able to combine Boolean Searches with their Natural Language Query. The NLPH/NLPM/NLPS Query Modifiers will give users access to free text searchers just like any other field.
- New Syntax Operator – The new release incorporates Underscore, a new syntax operator that allows users to match three types of combinations between words – single word, hyphenated word or exact match.
- Additional Search Field Codes – The release added two new combined search fields to enhance searching across Title, Abstract, Independent Claims/Full Claims and Examples.
- Quick Search Query Preview – Users can now preview their final search queries and observe how the search fields are combined as they type the query using the live previewer.
Result View Enhancements:
- Support for Multiple Custom Views
- Support for new List Type Custom View
- Query Builder in Filters – Users will be able to create sub-queries using the query builder while viewing search results or when filtering insider projects.
Custom Field Enhancements:
- Users can now customize the custom field layout by rearranging the enabled custom fields in a grid/tabular style view in order to prioritize fields and make browsing records easier.
- Custom Tables – Custom Tables are designed to allow users to capture complex relationships on a per-record basis and save relational multi-valued data.
This post was contributed by Abhishek Tiwari. The Intellogist blog and Intellogist are provided for free by Landon IP, which is a CPA Global company. Landon IP is a major provider of professional services meeting the needs of the IP community, including patent searches; analytics and technology consulting; patent, legal, and technical translations; and information research and retrieval.