World Intellectual Property Organization‘s (WIPO) PatentScope patent searching system has released a collection of video tutorials to help searchers learn how to conduct searches and make the most of the system. Read on for a detailed report.
PatentScope has released six video tutorials that explain the search system in detail and tell users what is included in the database, how to use different search interfaces, and how to read the result list. All the videos are accessible from a single page, with a video player popping up when a video is clicked. The videos have been created keeping beginners in mind, with each video explaining the basic functionality offered by each feature. The video length ranges between 10 to 15 minutes on an average. Each video features a voice over explaining the different functionality offered by the platform.
- Introduction – This tutorial goes into the basics, explaining to users what is PatentScope, what is included in its database and how to access it.
- Browse Option – This video instructs users on how to use the browse menu that is available at the top bar.
- Simple Search – The tutorial explains PatentScope’s Simple Search interface, the default search interface that contains 8 predefined search fields.
- Field Combination – This video explains how to use the Field Combination interface, instructing users on how to combine various search fields for their searches.
- Advanced Search – The Advanced Search option allows users to create complex search strings using an unlimited number of search terms to get the results they want.
- Search Result List – This video tutorial focuses on explaining to users how to read the search results page.
This post was contributed by Abhishek Tiwari. The Intellogist blog and Intellogist are provided for free by Landon IP, which is a CPA Global company. Landon IP is a major provider of professional services meeting the needs of the IP community, including patent searches; analytics and technology consulting; patent, legal, and technical translations; and information research and retrieval.
Filed under: Items of Interest, Patent Analysis, Patent Search News, Patent Search Systems, Patent Search Tools, Search Tips and Tricks | Tagged: free patent search systems, patent search, Patent Search News, patents, Patentscope, WIPO, WIPO Patentscope |