The latest update of patent search and analysis platform PatSeer comes with key enhancements and new features, including the addition of Philippines full-text patent collection and new keyboard shortcuts. Let us take a detailed look at the updates after the break.
PatSeer Content Update
The new PatSeer release brings the following enhancements to its content repository:
- Philippines Full-Text Collection: PatSeer now offers full-text patents and utility models from Philippines. The full-text data is available from 1975 onwards and PatSeer is working on filling in the known gaps in the database.
- German Full-Text Translations: PatSeer now includes German full-text machine translations in English. Translations are available for German patents, applications and utility models.
The new PatSeer release offers users the ability to browse search results and execute common actions, like opening PDFs and images, by using keyboard shortcuts instead of a mouse. The shortcuts will allow users to save time and make navigation a whole lot easier. The shortcuts can be accessed using the F8 key.
According to PatSeer, users will now be able to quickly view key concepts and technologies present in the search results without having to read each individual record. Users will also be able to filter, map and analyze topics while researching for insights and R&D opportunities.
Another useful feature now available in PatSeer is the ability to easily lookup alternative/synonym terms related to the search terms being used to perform patent searches.
Attorney Filtering and Charting
PatSeer has added Attorneys to its filtering and charting options, making it easier for users to analyze attorneys and agents while searching for patents.
PatSeer has made the following updates to PatSeer Projects:
- Support for NPL/Journals/External Records in Projects – A major update in this release is the support for adding and analyzing non-patent literature along with patents within Projects. Users will be able to combine patent analysis with NPL such as journals and scientific publications for a more thorough research.
- Deduplicate Records within Projects – This new feature will let users deduplicate records within Projects by Application/Patent and also by one-member per family, Simple or INPADOC.
- Export Family Members – This new export option will allow users to export all family members for every selected record. In the exported file, all family members will appear as separate publications.
- New Export Format – The update has added a new PDF export format.
- Other additions to export options include exporting First Named Inventor and Publication Number in Patent Office format.
This post was contributed by Abhishek Tiwari. The Intellogist blog is provided for free by Intellogist’s parent company Landon IP, a major provider of patent searches, trademark searches, technical translations, and information retrieval services.
Filed under: Intellogist Updates, Items of Interest, Patent Analysis, Patent Search News, Patent Search Systems, Patent Search Tools Tagged: | patent, patent search, Patent Search Systems, patents, PatSeer