Last year, 39 categories were added to the Intellogist Community Reports to help users browse these informational articles based on:
- Country and Authority-specific searching (US, EPO, WIPO, India, Germany, Australia, etc)
- Field-specific categories (Chemical Searching, Genetic Sequence Searching, etc)
- Search Types (Brand/Trademark/Design Search, File History Search, Patent Search, Non-Patent Literature Search, etc)
- Price (Free or Subscription)
The collection of Community Reports has grown to over 485, so the Intellogist team decided to add additional categories to organize these reports on various prior art search resources by additional criteria like data producer, website type, and non-patent literature data type. Do you want to know which Community Reports cover Google products or EPO products? Or do you want to find all Community Reports on US government websites? Now you can, using the 16 new categories added to the Intellogist Community Reports.
After the jump, view a full list of new categories used to organize these reports on a wide variety of patent and non-patent literature search and analysis tools!
16 new categories were added to the Community Reports section of Intellogist to organize reports using a variety of criteria, such as resource producer:
- Google Product – Reports on all resources produced by Google.
- CAS Product – Reports on databases and search systems created and maintained by Chemical Abstracts Service.
- EPO Product – Learn about products created and maintained by the European Patent Office.
- WIPO Product – Search tools created by the World Intellectual Property Organization.
- USPTO Product – Learn about resources created by the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- JPO Product – Reports on search tools created by the Japanese Patent Office.
- SIPO product – Reports on tools created by the State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) of China.
Other new categories were added to identify non-patent literature data types:
- IP Litigation – Reports on databases that provide access to IP case law and litigation data.
- Scholarly Journal Articles – Reports on databases and platforms that provide access to scholarly journal articles.
- Theses – These reports identify resources for locating dissertations and theses.
- Datasets – Reports on tools used to locate large sets of data.
- Books – These reports cover resources which can be used to access e-books or metadata about books.
Finally, categories were added to identify website type and copyright search tools:
- US Government Website – These reports cover websites created by US government agencies and offices.
- Federated Search Site – These reports cover portals that use federated searching across multiple databases to locate non-patent literature.
- NCBI Network – These reports cover websites that are part of the National Institute of Health’s NCBI network.
- Copyright – This category currently only contains one report on the US Copyright Catalog but will be expanded to include more copyright registration search tools in the future.
Users can view a full list of all subcategories and Community Reports by selecting “Community Content”>”Community Reports” from the main drop-down menu on the Intellogist homepage. You can also scroll to the bottom of any Community Report to view all categories under which the report has been categorized. You can even create and tag Community Reports yourself if you become a registered member of Intellogist. Join Intellogist for free to contribute to the growing collection of Community Reports and categories!
Are there any categories that you would like added to the Community Reports? Let us know in the comments!
This post was contributed by Joelle Mornini. The Intellogist blog is provided for free by Intellogist’s parent company Landon IP, a major provider of patent searches, trademark searches, technical translations, and information retrieval services.