We’ve just released an Intellogist Report on an important patent search system, Orbit.com! Check out the new Intellogist Report to learn all the coverage details about this major player in the patent search system field:
- Get an in-depth look at Orbit.com’s patent and non-patent-literature coverage, including modules that cover industrial designs and US patent litigation!
- Learn about the unique FamPat file hosted on the Orbit.com platform, which organizes records into invention-based FamPat families and includes additional indexing through Key Content (Object of the invention, Advantages of the new invention and Drawback of prior art, and Independent claims) and Key Concepts.
Continue reading for an overview of more content from the Orbit.com Intellogist Report, plus a quick snippet from the report which outlines some of the strengths and weaknesses of this major patent search tool!
Learn about search, viewing, and result processing options available on the system through the Orbit.com Intellogist Report:
- View all available search options on the Orbit platform, including the command line, General Search, Number Search, Citation Search, and Quick Search. Also get an overview of the search syntax used on the system, such as the searchable data fields and allowed truncation, proximity, and Boolean operators.
- Learn about the wide range of display options for viewing results on the Orbit.com platform, through tabbed, multi-pane interfaces in the hit list or full record view.
- See just a few of the sophisticated graphs and charts you can create based on statistical analysis of up to two million records using the Orbit IP Business Intelligence module.
- Learn about a variety of other tools available on the Orbit platform, ranging from import and export functions to alert options and managing search histories.
The Orbit Intellogist Report also offers unbiased opinions on the coverage usability of the system. The following text is from the Overview section of the Orbit.com Intellogist report, and it outlines a few of the pros and cons about the coverage, user interface, and search capabilities of the platform:
Overall, the Orbit.com platform includes unique access to the FamPat family records and additional indexing, but users also have other family search options through both the PlusPat and Full Text collections. The Orbit portal focuses on giving users a wide range of options for all types of search, viewing, analysis, saving, import, export, and alert features, but this variety of tools and customization options can sometimes become overwhelming and lead to a cluttered user interface. Experienced patent searchers who become accustomed to the interface will find that the simultaneous viewing options are useful for rapid record review, and the benefits of the variety and flexibility of display options outweigh the occasional confusion from the complex interface. Orbit.com is an advanced patent search platform with broad and unique patent coverage that offers a wide variety of search, display, and result processing tools through a highly customizable user interface.
Do you want to learn more about the coverage, search tools, viewing capabilities, and various analysis options on the Orbit.com platform? Check out the Orbit.com Intellogist Report for a full overview of the system, and compare Orbit.com to other major patent search systems through the Quick Table Comparison tool!
What are your thoughts on the Orbit.com platform? Let us know in the comments!
This post was contributed by Joelle Mornini. The Intellogist blog is provided for free by Intellogist’s parent company Landon IP, a major provider of patent searches, trademark searches, technical translations, and information retrieval services.