[tweetmeme source=”Intellogist” only_single=false] PatBase has been busy in 2012! We recently posted a review of the top PatBase updates from October 2011, which were included in the fully updated PatBase System Report on Intellogist. The producers of PatBase, Minesoft and RWS Group, just released another round of PatBase updates for March 2012, and we’ll take a look at a few of those new features: new cross lingual search options, a Patent Drawings viewer, new legal status searching options, enhanced coverage, and more.
We’ve also fully updated the PatBase Express System Report on Intellogist, so read about the newest updates on this easy-to-use version of the PatBase system! After the jump, check out the latest updates to both PatBase and PatBase Express for March 2012.
March 2012 PatBase Updates
This brochure (PDF) from the PatBase website announces the latest enhancements for the system, including notable features like:
- New cross-lingual search options – Powered by WIPO’s innovative CLIR (cross-lingual information retrieval) system, the new Language Explorer and Term Translator tools allow you to broaden the scope of your patent search by finding multi-lingual synonyms of your search terms – including non-Latin full text.
- When you click on the representative image for a record, a new Patent Drawings Viewer appears with tabs for each of the publications in the family. Click on the tab for the publication of interest to preview dynamic images of all the drawings for that publication. Click on the drawing to enlarge it.
- Annotate your Search History – You can now add a Comment in your search history as a useful point of reference for the future.
- Notable coverage enhancements for BR, PH, AU, and MY documents, and additional legal status coverage from INPADOC.
Read about the rest of the March 2012 new features and enhanced coverage at the Major Recent Updates section of the PatBase System Report.
PatBase Express Updates
The PatBase Express System Report on Intellogist has been fully reviewed and updated. Learn about major improvements to this simple version of the PatBase interface, like:
- The non-Latin search form, available as of March 2011, allows users to search Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Russian, and Thai full-text documents for keywords (as well as Assignees and Inventors) in the original language. In the search form, the user can select the language and the fields in which the keyword search will be conducted (Full text; Claims, title & abstract; Title & abstract; Claims; Description).
- Users now also have the option to combine current queries with previous search statements. This feature, available as of March 2011, allows users to combine a search with any previous search queries from the current session, using Boolean operators AND/OR/NOT. This option is available when using the Advanced or Boolean search forms.
- The Visual Explorer tool is now accessible through the PatBase Express hit list. The Visual Explorer tool, introduced in March 2011, is a clustering and visualization tool where the user can “explore the significance of results according to a breakdown by key criteria of interest, taken from the first 2000 records within a results set.” Users can access the Visual Explorer tool by selecting the “Explore” icon in the menu above the hit list.
This post was contributed by Joelle Mornini. The Intellogist blog is provided for free by Intellogist’s parent company Landon IP, a major provider of patent searches, trademark searches, technical translations, and information retrieval services.