Hello again from a very rainy Washington DC metro area! This week’s theme is the Battle of the Patent Search Systems because of all the activity we are seeing on our System Ratings pages. If you use the Quick Table Comparisons tool to view the ratings of our spotlighted search systems – QPAT, PatBase, TotalPatent, and Thomson Innovation – side-by-side you’ll see that QPAT and PatBase are currently tied for the lead with 4 stars each (on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being the most positive rating) while Thomson Innovation and TotalPatent have 3 stars each. If you have a preference for one of these systems get in on the action and cast your vote today!
If you’d like the run the comparison yourself, open the Quick Table Comparisons page, log in to Intellogist, choose the four systems listed above, and click “Compare.” The resultant Comparison Table shows information about each of the systems including, near the top of the table, the current ratings for each of these systems. Click on the “Rate This System” link to cast your vote.
I am happy to report that Intellogist had another good week in our six month challenge to grow the Intellogist community, garner more repeat visits, and create more involvement within our registered user base. If you have not been following this update series you can quickly get up to speed by reading our first post, A Call to Action, and our most recent weekly update, Time Flies and a Community Emerges!
For the latest reporting period, March 5 through March 11, our statistics are as follows:
- We had 1,070 visits from 887 visitors. In the previous week we had 1,005 visits from 777 visitors. Our goal is to increase our traffic to 5,200 visits per month.
- We had 344 visits from returning visitors. In the previous week, we had 381 visits. Our goal is to achieve 2,560 return visits per month.
- We did not have any user contributions to the wiki sections of Intellogist this week, our Best Practices, Community Reports, and Glossary sections. Our goal is to have 50 additional user contributions to the wiki sections of Intellogist by the end of the challenge.
- Thanks in part to our concerted efforts at letting people know about our Ratings pages, we had four new votes for PatBase and TotalPatent and three new votes for QPAT and Thomson Innovation. The current totals in the Overall Rating category are:
- 25 votes on PatBase (4 new votes since last week)
- 16 votes on QPAT (3 new votes since last week)
- 10 votes on Thomson Innovation (3 new votes since last week)
- 13 votes on TotalPatent (4 new votes since last week)
- We had 18 new users register on Intellogist. What follows is a sampling of members from our global community. To see the entire list of members, visit our Community Page:
We encourage all Intellogist users to complete their social profiles. To do this, log in to Intellogist, and click the username that appears in the upper right hand corner of the page, or click on your user avatar which appears on the left side of the window under the “HOT Items” section. When your profile page loads, select the “Edit Profile” link next to your avatar. If you’d like to learn more about connecting with other users on Intellogist, please read last week’s post Time Flies and a Community Emerges!
Intellogist provides valuable tools for prior art searching such as our Interactive Patent Coverage Map and Resource Finder and it allows you to share your expertise and connect with other people from around the world who have similar interests. If you haven’t done so yet, join Intellogist today, get involved, and discover what a worldwide patent community can do for you.
This post was contributed by Intellogist team member Julie Cook.